Friday, August 27, 2010

Running up that hill








I've been listening to a lot of disco-electro since I moved to New York. Actually, the addiction started back in Memphis, and more importantly solidified during the road trip I took before moving to New York to Santa Fe. I know I haven't posted any photos to the blog of Santa Fe, but I'll get to those eventually. If any of you get a chance- definitely check out Chromatics, Glass Candy, and Desire.

It's cooled down a lot here since early August. I actually slept with the window cracked last night and enjoyed an amazing breeze throughout the night. Grad school has been an eye-opening experience this week. My classmates are all down to earth with varying degrees of experience, a bit intimidating at first, but it just made me realize how much I have to learn- from them, from the professors... It's funny how quickly life gets back into a steady routine once you have something occupying your days- other than sleeping in and looking for adventures. I really do miss having the time to explore various parts of the city. I guess I should just appreciate the two weeks I had before school started.

Oh, and everyone should read Andy Warhol's The Philosophy of Andy Warhol (From A to B and Back Again). It's such a vivid and honest account of his thoughts and experience from the 60s.




Shots taken at an art show opening in Brooklyn.

No comments:

Post a Comment